Friday 14 January 2011

2. How Effective Is The Combination Of Your Main Product (Video) And Ancillary Texts (Digipak And Advertisement)?

                                                             Stills from Music Video



                                                                      
                                                                     Digipak Stills

Advertisement Still
These are three stills from our final music video, my Digipak and my advertisement. In each of these, flowers are present and are in yellow. I got inspired to use the consistency of flowers and the colour yellow as a way of relating our final music video, to my Digipak, to my advertisement. I have used flowers all over my Digipak and advertisement to continue the floral theme.

Advertisement Still

 
                                                                        Digipak Still

In both of my Digipak and advertisement, I wanted to keep the style of writing very simple and conventional. I chose a font on Photoshop and used the same font throughout all of my ancillary products to stick to my genre, and the conventions of digipaks.


Final Advertisement


Digipak Front Cover


Stills From Music Video


I wanted the audience to have a clear visual link of the artist as she is new and we want the audience to remember her, so I decided that we should keep the hair, clothes and environment the same so that it is easier for the audience to recognise her. Her facial expression has not changes, her hair, make up and costume are the same which is a clear visual link. I chose to use the same image for my ancillary products as again, it is a clear visual link and helps he audience to recognise her.

How successful my main and ancillary products are and target audience


1 comment:

  1. Rather than post the whole video within this evaluation question, I would put up screen shots of specific shots that you are referring to when you are talking about how the products link together. Plan is ok (suspiciously like the one I gave you on the handout in fact...). Shame there isn't anything for me to see at this point.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete