Friday 14 January 2011

What you learned from your audience feedback?


How did the audience in the cinema react to your video?



The wordle was used to show the different words that the audience connotes whilst watching my music video. This highlights that the audience understood the concept of my music video because it was set outdoors with a happy message. The message was clear to the audience, as they used these words to describe it.

 The written views that people in my class had about my music video, which had negative and positive opinions. This was done to give feedback from everyone's music videos in my class. This was useful to  know and understand when they fet we went right and wrong.



Views on my video 

                                          



How could/would you change your product in relation to this feedback?

As the song was upbeat, my peers felt that I should have used more locations. On contary to this feedback  is that the season was changing from Autumn to Winter, so we could not go to as many places as we wanted to. Also, there were too many protest/strike so travelling became impossible. As we originally wanted to film mostly at Kensington Gardens. This was difficult to go for long because the equipment needs to be returned for another class to use.  
There was a comment about my music video having too many kissing scenes because they felt that the target audience were slightly to young to see so much kissing in one music video. They felt it was too explicit.Therefore, I would change some of the kissing scenes for embraces with the couple. This allowed me to realise that the couple did not always have to kiss to show that they are in love. I could have varied this with having more hugs to show the affection between  the couple than kissing.  





What I have Learnt?

I feel that A2 media involving the ancillary texts and music video, which has progressed my skills that I learnt at an AS level. I have learnt how to more layers around on Photoshop to duplicate an image or text for my digipak. Also, I had a lot of floral shapes, which could cause the program to crash. So, I had to 'Merger' the digipak to compress the memory size.

Whilst making my music video, it is vital to be organised because if someone is not into a more specific. It causes turmoil, as the schedule can become delayed. Furthermore, I used the application 'Handbrake' to compress any video I needed for my feedback /interviews into an i-pod/i-pod touch file.This is compressed into a mp4 file,which can be small enough to be uploaded onto blogger.  

My skills in using the camera for handheld (stedi-cam) filming improved because I understood that you need a very steady hand for holding the camera. For example, I used tracking in the movement of Katherine and Damon's feet as they walk to meet each other in the middle of the pavement. 

I felt more confident using the Mac in general as I gained a more complex knowledge about have to access my folder on the 'Media Server' by pressing 'Command' + K' to upload my work on my own area workspace named 'Juliana Amaa' on the desktop. This enabled me to save my work from my advertisement and digipak onto my own workspace because I did not need to rely on the video drive, too heavily. As if someone is using it I could still access my work from whatever Mac I was using on that day.
I learnt that I could not save my digipak and advertisement on Photoshop as a PSD file because it is not compatible with Blogger. This meant it had to be saved as a JPG file. 



1 comment:

  1. Again, plan for this sounds great. As long as you remember that the question is asking you 'what you've learned' from the feedback rather than just asking you what feedback you got, then you should have a good answer here. Your last proposed idea about reflecting back is where all the marks will be awarded, so you must make sure that you cover this bit in detail.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete