Sunday 26 September 2010

Reflection On Lip Synch Tutorial


In our Media lesson, we were told that we were going to create mini music videos and lip Sync them to practice for our main product late on. My group were given the song "If I Can't Have You" By Yvonne Elliman. We were told that we were not aloud to use a tripod as we should get use to filming handheld. I was not in charge of filming, but I learned from watching my group film were the main buttons were and how to hold the camera properly. I have learned not to rotate the camera as most of our film was the wrong way, but we learned how to change it in Final Cut Pro.

During this experience, I learnt more on how to edit clips and put them together on the timeline on Final Cut Pro, but it was more difficult for my group as we had to add our soundtrack to our video that we had shot. It had to match it perfectly or the singing would be out of sync. I also learned how to cut out pieces of our editing to create many different shots instead of leaving the camera on only one shot as this can get very boring and look quite inexperienced. I was very familiar with some aspects of editing such as marking in and out, dragging clips to the timeline and editing overall.

I was in charge of taking picture of my group while they were filming, this also was quite easy for me as I have experience in photography.
This was a great learning experience as it is very necessary for us in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment